Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Hand at Bows

I have seen a lot of beautiful cakes that are very simple. A lot of them simply accent with fondant bows. I want to be able to make bows because when I start to do wedding cakes, I need that skill in my repertoire.

My had a little good-bye party for my parents, who were heading off to Jordan to lead a study abroad for the semester. (My mom actually didn't leave for a couple more weeks, but that was unanticipated.) So, in light of a celebration, I made a cake.





With the wedding cake theme in mind, I wanted to try a new flavor. I heard coconut cake with lime buttercream frosting is a new fav at weddings. So, I tried it. And it was delicious. The lime buttercream was the perfect accent to the coconut. So yummy.

1 comment:

  1. These bows were so perfect, you wouldn't have believed they were edible. Loved this cake!

    ReplyDelete