Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Star Wars

This is actually the 2nd star wars cake i have done. Unfortunately, I can't find pictures of the first one :( They must be on my camera that is MIA. The first one I did was R2D2. It turned out really neat. It was for one of my nieces. Funny how she wanted a star wars cake, but she just loves the star tours ride at disneyland.





This cake was for my nephew. He is a HUGE star wars fan. Andrew helped me a bit with this one because he is also a huge star wars fan (or was as a child). We thought it would be fun if we put star wars legos on the cake so that my nephew would have them to play with after. It was the perfect present. The cake was a little tricky, because I wanted to do a jello cake. And a jello cake requires whipped cream. So, the decorating was a little more difficult because I really don't like the taste of stabilized whipped cream. I think it turned out well though.

The bottom layer is a chocolate cake with an orange buttercream frosting. It was hard to really get the flavor of the orange buttercream, I think a berry would have been more noticeable. It was still delicious though.

No comments:

Post a Comment