Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pumpkin Craze

I love thanksgiving time. Mostly because I love food! Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Food. Football. Family. Fun. And no pressure of presents. With my new cake making obsession, thanksgiving has become even better. Because pumpkin cake is the BEST! So moist. And perfect when paired with cream cheese frosting (also a favorite). Here are a couple of the pumpkin infused cakes I made this year.


A simple Pumpkin Cheesecake with some whip cream to top it off. I tried doing a water bath, but I still haven't got the technique down, and the cake cracked a bit.


Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.



And my favorite. A cake I made to welcome my dad home from Jordan for thanksgiving. It is a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting to fill and frost it and then covered in marshmallow fondant. I really wanted to try this ruffle technique. I envisioned it to be like wilting leaves in light of the fall season. I love the way it turned out. I would love to use this technique on a wedding cake someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment