Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chinese New Year

I am trying to catch up on the recent cakes that I have done but haven't put up yet. This was a Chinese New Year's celebration cake, as well as a welcome home from your mission cake. It took me a while to remember what cake it was, and I'm ashamed because it really was one of the yummiest cakes yet. It was a lemon cake with a lemon mousse filling. Then frosted in buttercream. The idea was to use my spray painting tool my husband got me for christmas to paint the designs (with a stencil, I'm not that talented). But, the gold glitter was not cooperating with the gun...kept clogging it and not working out right. So I ended up just dusting the stencils by hand (which is hard to do on the side of a cake...). But it worked out. The cake was a bit dimensionless...I wanted to find some cool little chinese fans or something, but time was an issue here.




No comments:

Post a Comment